My heart is overflowing with feelings of joy as I write this last post of Dining At Tiffany’s – Season 1: What We Crave. It’s incredible that it was just two months ago that I decided to do this YouTube thing for real. I’m overcome with gratitude as I think about everyone who made this possible, especially you — reading, watching, & most especially… cooking! THANK YOU!
As I establish myself on YouTube, I’m learning more and more that the most satisfying success is that which you gain by giving. I truly hope that I can add some value to your life through Dining At Tiffany’s or at the very least put a smile or two on your face!
If you’ve been following along, you know it’s been a bumpy ride learning to balance everything from school with YouTube, happy with sad, and freedom with responsibility. Overall, I’m closing out this season with more strength and clarity than ever in my life and I am blessed.
The most wonderful and pleasantly surprising part is the opportunity to reconnect with friends, classmates, and family that I haven’t heard from in years and make some new homies, too! I’ve read every single one of your messages and comments. I promise I will respond in the next few weeks; I’m just the type of person that likes to put time and thought into all correspondence. With how busy I’ve been, you would’ve only received an abbreviated version of the bunches of love I want to send right back. Get ready, because this begins now (click photo to watch on YouTube!):
This episode is a little different, with something special I dreamed up during one of my many drives from Long Beach to San Diego. Inspired by Anna Kendrick‘s mashup skills and Audrey Hepburn‘s timeless kindness, this is my heartsong for all you sweethearts. Listen closely!
Recipe: Moon River Rainbow Dream Pancakes
– 1.5 cups whole wheat flour (all-purpose works as well!)
– 1 cup of granola (if it’s in big chunks, break it downnn)
– 2 tbsp raw sugar (regular works too, but I like it raw!)
– 1.5 tsp baking powder
– .5 tsp baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 2 eggs
– 2.5 cups buttermilk (easy substitute: 2.5 cups milk + 2 tsp vinegar, mix mix mix, bubble!)
& Then Some
– 3 tbsp buttah (melted)
– 2 bananas, thinly sliced
– another banana, cut into moon shapes! (so into discs, then cut those in half.)
– 2 green apples, cut into small cubes
– 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
– 1 cup strawberries (frozen or fresh)
– 2 tbsp sugar (1 tbsp each for berries!)
– Honey (Local is best, honey! Apparently the pollination eases allergies too!)
1. Stir together dry ingredients!
2. Stir together wet ingredients in another bowl
3. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until they’re damp. (Don’t stir too much so they stay fluffy!)
4. Melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds. Add to batter!
5. Make berry sauces! Heat blueberries with 1 tbsp of sugar on medium heat until liquids reduce into a syrup (about 8-10 minutes). Do the same for the strawberries.
6. Chop up two bananas and add to batter
7. Ladle 3-4 tbsp of batter onto a nonstick griddle or pan on medium – medium high heat. (No nonstick pan? No problem. Butter up that pan!)
8. Chop up green apples into small cubes
9. Flip the pancakes after 4-5 minutes (do this for each side, until golden brown!)
10. Make the rainbow!
– start with a circle of blueberry sauce in the middle
– add a ring of green apples around the blueberry sauce
– add a ring of bananas around the apples
– finish up with a ring of strawberry sauce!
– add some sunshine with some honey!
11. Cut in half, so you have two rainbows! 1 for you and 1 for someone you love.
Last, but not least, if Season 1 was a cookbook, the dedication page would go to my beautiful and extraodinary mom – Precy R. Mom, thanks so much for being my inspiration and support. I still remember making rainbow jello in our kitchen in Paradise Hills; I’ll always remember the recent conversations we had in our current kitchen where you reminded me of my worth and purpose. Finally, thanks so much for picking up unfamiliar groceries while I was in Hawaii and for washing so many dishes as we film. I appreciate you! Love you, mom! Enjoy your retirement.
With every ending comes a new beginning. I‘ll be on YouTube-hiatus until April, so get ready for Season 2 – Comfort Food Remix! In the meantime, I’ll be responding to your comments, posting some behind the scenes content, and cooking up more good food & good conversation. See you next time!
Dining At Tiffany’s