I really did! Check it out on YouTube:
Okay real talk. I never really understood the whole “make me a sammich, woman!” concept. I mean, I’ll often make sandwiches (& as you now know, all kinds of foods) for others, but never because someone commanded me to! Why is this a thing? Haha. Truth is, I was raised with values of generosity and serving others, especially by making delicious food! That is why I made you all a sandwich. 🙂
Another value I’ve grown to love is celebration. Birthdays! Weddings! Friendship! Beginnings! Endings! Goals! Dreams! I love bringing people together and making sure everyone has a great time. On special occasions and the days in between, everyone has something remarkable and worthy of cheer! Especially my ladies:
So I do hope you’ll enjoy this recipe I created that’s perfect for celebrations:
Recipe: Broccoli Cheddar Party Sandwich!
– 1 loaf of french bread from the bakery section (I used whole wheat)
– 1-2 crowns of broccoli chopped into small pieces (about 1.5 cups after chopped)
– 5 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup (8 oz.) of sharp cheddar cheese
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons flour
– 2 cups of whole milk (I like organic, or lactose-free!)
– salt & freshly ground black pepper
– light oil
– large pot for cheese sauce
– saute pan for broccoli
– serrated knife
1. Chop veggies
– mince garlic
– cut broccoli into tiny little trees (cut stems smaller than leaves since they take longer to cook)
2. Make a cheese sauce!
– Roux: Start melting butter. Add flour & stir evenly into butter
– Sing Bulletproof by La Roux until your roux is ready
– Add milk and whisk until roux is incorporated into the milk
– Add some salt & pepper
– Stir occasionally until it bubbles, then remove from heat
3. Saute the trees! (Boss level: you can do this while waiting for the milk to heat up in step 2)
– heat oil to medium to medium-high heat
– add garlic and saute for about 1-2 minutes, until light brown
– add broccoli and stir into garlic until temperature of garlic settles, about 1-2 minutes
– season with salt & pepper
– saute for another 2-3 minutes, until dark green but not too soft
4. Put it all together!
– mix broccoli into cheese. yes.
– cut 1/3 top off of bread, horizontally
– cut out an inch layer from bottom piece of bread (see video!)
– ladle cheese into sandwich and put the top piece on
– you’re done!
Make sure to serve the sandwich whole for dramatic effect. If you have extra cheese sauce, you can dip bread into this, or just make smaller sandwiches the next day!
Are you making this? Are you having a party? Are you eating the whole thing yourself (no one’s judging)? Let me know!! I love comments & tags on Instagram & Twitter. @DiningAtTiffs #DiningAtTiffs. Promise I’ll send some love right back!!
Have a great week, everyone!!!
Dining At Tiffany’s