Hiii everyone! The second full episode of Dining At Tiffany’s is now up on YouTube!
^Click photo to watch^
Tonight we’re making one of my go-to entertaining dishes — Zuppa Toscana — which is a Tuscan Sausage Kale & Potato Soup! I often serve this soup with Pasta Carbonara (see Episode 1.1!) for a quick and delicious dinner party. You’ll see how easy it is to entertain your friends (& yourself) with these flavorful Italian dishes featuring bacon & leafy greens!
Before I share the recipe, I just wanted to express my gratitude from the bottom of my belly to everyone who’s tuned in to Dining At Tiffany’s so far! I get especially giddy whenever someone shares that they cooked the pasta! I love all the variations, and that we’re all cooking together everywhere from California & Seattle to my family in the Philippines!
Good job, everyone! Looks great!!
A number of you also expressed that you enjoy the music! I’m so glad. I should add “Good Music” into the Good Food & Good Conversation mix because that is such a key ingredient to hosting the best parties! Special shout out to the DJs behind this Italian Pasta & Soup dinner party – BVMO music, my new friends in the Bay Area!
Here’s the songs you heard:
Episode 1.1: Coffee Break (BVMO Remix)
Episode 2.2: Get it Girl (BVMO Remix)
If you like what you hear, you can find more music and good vibes on their website! If you’re in the Bay, definitely go find them. It’ll be a good time!
Furthermore, I’ve been meeting some pretty sweet DJs down here in SoCal, so more good tracks are coming your way in every episode! Equally exciting, I’ve heard your sentiments (read: begging) that you want to try my cooking; well if you’re in San Diego, we can make that happen!
In conjunction with Chef AC Boral of #SGDfood (the explosive egg-yolk guy), we will be hosting a live food/music event in San Diego in mid-February! You can get all the details by subscribing to the Dining At Tiffany’s email newsletter! In the meantime, you can cook this at home!
Recipe: Zuppa Toscana
– 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 white or yellow onion, diced
– 1 bunch of kale, cut into 1 inch pieces
– 1 – 2 russet or Idaho potato cut into thin slices
– 3-4 links of Italian Sausage (hot or mild), removed from casing
– 3-4 slices of natural bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
– 2 containers of chicken broth
– Freshly ground black pepper
– Whole milk or heavy cream (I used organic milk!)
– Large pot for soup
– Cutting Board/knife
1. Chop stuff!
– Veggies: I do this order: garlic, onion, kale, potatoes
– Bacon: Chop up the bacon into 1 inch pieces
2. To the stove!
– Heat pot to medium-high
– Remove sausage from casing and add to hot pan. Cook until browned about 3-4 minutes and set aside in bowl.
– Reheat pan to medium-high. Add bacon and saute for about 3-4 minutes
– Add onions and cook for about 2 minutes
– Add garlic and cook until light brown, adding freshly ground pepper along the way
– Then, add the potatoes and stir into bacon, onions, and garlic evenly
3. Soups on!
– Add a container of chicken broth and use your spatula to scrape off the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
– Add the other one, then use the container to measure out about 3/4 of the container of water to add to dilute the soup.
– Put the sausage back in the soup and stir it up.
– Add a few splashes of milk/heavy cream.. up to you how much or how little!
– Then add the kale, mix it in, and remove from heat after about 1-2 minutes and we’re done!
Let me know if you have any questions!! Enjoy your dinner party!!
Dining At Tiffany’s
PS: Thank you to my dear homegirl and role model @CheElizaga, she wrote this article about me and it has some raw & nourishing advice from yours truly about what to do if you’re stuck in a rut or feeling down about life lately.
I’m humbled that my name is in the same title as Beyonce; the only parallel I can think of is that people will be in shock and awe about some cupcakes next week. 😉